For anyone having trouble getting the new Facebook app update to run on an iPad or iPhone, I’ll provide the steps I took to get mine up and running on both devices before I explain what happened. Here’s the deal:
1. Go to your Facebook Account settings in Safari or log in from a desktop browser.
2. Account > Security > Login Approvals (where it says ‘approval is required when logging in from an unrecognized device)
3. Uncheck this setting and save.
You should now be able to login using the new app on either device. If you don’t care about this security setting, leave it alone and you shouldn’t have any more problems until the next time the Facebook developers make a bunch of changes and don’t warn us about the bugs.
If you are the least bit paranoid about your identity and you want the Login Approvals active so that any unrecognized device requires a code, which is a good idea, then do this:
4. Go back into Safari > Facebook > Account > Security > Login Approvals
5. Check the box at the top to activate and save.
6. A little window should pop up for entering a Confirmation Code….
You should get a Confirmation Code via text message for the login approvals, enter it in the window and you’re good to go.
Worked for me on all my devices.
Now, here’s what happened. Continue reading